The Google Webmasters Blog has recently released a very simple and straight forward guide to SEO – Search Engine Optimization for your website. This guide covers all the broad basics that will be helpful to a newbie or website owner. It’s a guide that will help you achieve a higher SERP ( Search Engine Rank Page ) and help your site’s visibility on search engines.
Some of the topics in the guide have been covered before on this blog.
– Introduction to organic search
– How to create unique page titles ( also featured here by WebTrafficROI.com )
– Good practice for page title tags
– How to make use of the description meta tag
– How to improve the structure of your URL’s (also featured here by WebTrafficROI.com)
– Good practices of the URL structure
– How to make your site easier to navigate
– Good practices of site navigation
– Offering quality services and content
– How to write better anchor texts
– Using heading tags appropriately
– Image Optimization ( also featured here by WebTrafficROI.com )
– Making the right use of Robots.txt
– Making use of “nofollow” tags
– Promoting your website in the right ways.
– Making use of webmasters tools ( also featured here by WebTrafficROI.com )
Download the Google Search Engine Guide here