The Google Webmasters Blog has recently released a very simple and straight forward guide to SEO – Search Engine Optimization for your website. This guide covers all the broad basics that will be helpful to a newbie or website owner. It’s a guide that will help you achieve a higher SERP ( Search Engine Rank Page ) and help your site’s visibility on search engines.
Some of the topics in the guide have been covered before on this blog.
- Introduction to organic search
- How to create unique page titles ( also featured here by WebTrafficROI.com )
- Good practice for page title tags
- How to make use of the description meta tag
- How to improve the structure of your URL’s (also featured here by WebTrafficROI.com)
- Good practices of the URL structure
- How to make your site easier to navigate
- Good practices of site navigation
- Offering quality services and content
- How to write better anchor texts
- Using heading tags appropriately
- Image Optimization ( also featured here by WebTrafficROI.com )
- Making the right use of Robots.txt
- Making use of “nofollow” tags
- Promoting your website in the right ways.
- Making use of webmasters tools ( also featured here by WebTrafficROI.com )
Download the Google Search Engine Guide here