Web directories used to be one of the sure shot ways of getting a good page rank and being ranked in Google, but that was back in the early 2000, Google has constantly changed its algorithm in the last 6 – 8 years, today it gives little relevance to web directories in terms of SEO value expect for a few handful of directories that command authority on Google.
Romow.com is one such authority directory that is valued by Google, it is a business directory that has been online since 2006, in the last four years its done very well to claim the authority status on Google.
The site features 21 directory categories ( ie. arts, business, Computers, Internet and more ), these categories are further divided into a number of sub directories.
One of the unique features of Romow is that each category has a blog, where you can guest post, it gives you the option of leaving your anchor text links in the post.
Let’s have a look at some statistics for Romow
Page Rank :
– Romow has a PR ( Page Rank ) of 5 which is considered relatively high, being listed on high page ranked sites will help your blog or website be authoritative on Google. Higher Page Rank also ensure that your link could be featured high on SERP.
– The site ranks below 30 K on Alexa, 25 % of visits to Romow are by US audiences. If you are targeting US users than Romow is a resourceful directory to get your site listed.
– The site ranks at 51,326 on Quantcast and shows an average of US visits at 30.2 K, a great resource if you are looking to target US based audience for your blog or website.
Yahoo Site Explorer
– The site has a 565,000 inbound links according to Yahoo Site Explorer
Romow has very solid site stats to qualify as an authoritative site on Google, webmasters and major SEO firms across US and UK regularly submit their client’s sites to the directory as a part of their link building strategy.
How do I get listed on Romow.com
– Romow has some strict guidelines for submission as it wants to prevent spammers and keep its authority status on Google. All submissions are manually reviewed, your submission can be rejected if you are found stuffing keywords in your links or in the guest post.
Submitting to Romow costs $120 a year for a featured listing and $ 60 for a regular listing.
For bloggers Romow also has an affiliate program, the commission is 25% of the directory submission fee paid. For each regular listing, you will earn $15, and for each featured listing, you will earn $30. All payment are made via PayPal.