Let me be honest here – When I first start this blog in 2008, I never thought it would someday reach a 1000 blog posts. I am still trying to figure out what happened and how the heck did the blog reach 1000 blog posts.
I have to thank all of you for being a super community and visiting this blog daily.
A big thank you to all the contributors for their valuable blog posts, the blog would have never reach 1000 post with them.
But it’s not about the 1000 posts – it’s about the journey, it’s about the thrill and it’s about the adventure.
Hang in there, no matter what
– If you hang on long enough, you’ll learn to swing. I did not know Jack when I started this blog. It took me a few weeks to understand wordpress.
After two month of blogging me and my wife were the only loyal visitors to the blog. I hung on, writing post after post without worrying too much about the traffic on the blog. It took a good six months and about 100 odd posts to see the audience start trickle on this blog.
Things happen, if you make it happen
– I’ve blogged at odd hours – 2 am, 4.30 am…I’ve stared at the wordpress dashboard night after night without writing a single line. I’ve had no big blog idea for weeks together. I’ve written the most senseless posts so many times on this blog. I’ve published posts with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes so often here. I can go on here…but the very valuable lesson I learnt was you need to make it happen – no one else will.
If you change the way you look at things, the way you look at things change
– In my mind I visualized my blog as a super blog with huge traffic – even when I had 7 visitors a day. I dreamt of my servers crashing due to heavy traffic on my blog. Even today when I publish a post, I visualize it going viral.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started
– I booked this domain three month before I started the blog, after booking the domain I was confused..Did I actually want to blog ? To be honest I had no confidence in my ability to write and build an audience. Valuable lesson learnt: Don’t procrastinate, get started.
The Secret to Success
– There is only one secret to success – its HARD WORK.
Thank you all for helping us reach a 1000 posts.
Image Credit: Fresh secret Baked Fun