Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of America left a memorable mark not only on America’s political scene but also across the globe as an inspirational leader. He was deemed as the greatest President in the history of America and a political genius.
Abraham Lincoln’s leadership has intrigued many of us. CEOs, Entrepreneurs and Leaders across industries have been mesmerized by the leadership qualities of Lincoln.
If you haven’t yet read Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Team of Rivals, I recommend you pick up the copy today. It gives an insight into the political life of Lincoln and his qualities as an inspirational leader. And if you haven’t yet seen the movie Lincoln, I suggest you rush to the nearest movie theater to see it. The movie is based on the book – Team of Rivals.
Today’s Good Morning Sunday post covers some of Lincoln’s memorable leadership quotes:
1) Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
2) Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
3) Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.
4) You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
5) In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
6) Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable – a most sacred right – a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.
7) Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
8) I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.
9) Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
10) We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.
11) Whatever you are be a good one
12) My haters are my motivators
13) Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.
14) He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.
15) I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.
16) I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.
17) If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.
18) If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.
19) That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.
20) My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.
Which is your favorite Lincoln quote ?
Have a Super Sunday and a great week ahead.