As a blogger and a passionate search engine marketer I am constantly looking for ways to ensure that my blog has strong authority on Google. Having strong authority on Google is one of the top goals for every website of mine. I ensure that majority of my traffic and new users come from Google so that I don’t have to spend any money on promoting my blog or website. Google promotes it for me by ranking it high on searches.
But its not been easy going for bloggers and webmasters since the Panda update, most websites that ranked high have seen a major slide in search traffic. You need to constantly keep updated with not only the changes that Google makes to its alogrithm but also about new tools in the market. Having the right SEO tool will help you establish a strong authority on Google.
One such tool that you need to check is SheerSEO
What is SheerSEO ?
If you are trying to establish your website on search, SheerSEO is a web based software tool that will help you do that. The software shows you how to track your website changes on search engines, it will show you where your site ranks each time there is a change in the Google algorithm. By carefully tracking and keeping a close watch on changes in your site ranking you can improve your search ranking for a given keyword and stay ahead of your competitors.
Below are some awesome features of SheerSEO
1) Current rankings and search positions:
- You can create a FREE SEO report for your site on SheerSEO by entering the URL of your site. The smart SEO software pulls out a list of suggested terms that are relevant as per your site. You can also type a list of your own keyword terms to check their ranking. The search terms are monitored based on your default localization. You can also change the search terms to monitor it from a different location.
This feature shows you the search terms as the present position of the same along with the last date of change.
2) Tracking Data over time:
- The keywords that you select can also been seen at a historical level, the dashboard automatically graphs out a chart that shows you the history of your keywords based on the date range that you have chosen.
3) Number of Backlinks:
- A nice to have feature in any SEO software, this one will show you the number of backlinks that your site has, this is updated on a monthly basis. You can see the increase in the backlinks each month if you are doing a dedicated backlinking activity for your website.
4) Social Bookmarking:
- This is a cool feature that will show you how many stories or posts have been bookmarked on Digg and Delicious. Presently there are only the above two that can be monitored. It would be nice to have some of the other top social bookmarking sites integrated in this feature.
5) Indexed pages:
- This feature shows the number of pages that have been index by search engines, you can see the different pages that have been index for your website on Google, Yahoo and Bing
6) Facebook and Twitter activities:
- Industry SEO experts say, that your presence on social networks like facebook and twitter will influence your search rankings. SheerSEO tracks your sites activity on Facebook and Twitter. The dashboard has a dedicated section on Facebook and Twitter where you can see posts that have been liked, shared and commented on facebook along with the URLs. Tweets and Retweets for your site can be seen along with a weekly or monthly trends for your sites twitter activity.
SheerSEO pricing is very affordable, although there are nine pricing options, the limits are upfront and very clear. Even if you have just started to blog or are cash strapped you can start off with a trial version that will give you access to monitor a single domain and 40 keywords.
The trial version is FREE for 2 months and $7 a month when you renew.