“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” John Lennon
Happy Birthday John!
John Lennon would have been 72 today, one of the most influential artists of the 20th century, the lead Beatles man and a father figure to the world of music. John’s music has been all about simplicity and his love for peace. In someway through his music John has made a deep impact in our lives.
The late Beatles legend who passed away at the age of 40 wrote some of the bands most iconic songs. In 2010 Google posted an animated John Lennon Google Doodle honoring the late Beatles star. Below are John Lennon’s most thought provoking and inspiring quotes.
1) “Life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans”
2) “You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”
3) “Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.”
4) “Declare it. Just the same way we declare war. That is how we will have peace… we just need to declare it.”
5) “If there’s such a thing as genius — I am one. And if there isn’t, I don’t care.”
6) “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.”
7) “We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
8) “It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love”
9) “As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
10) “All you need is love.”
11) “Part of me suspects that I’m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I’m God Almighty.”
12) “You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.”
13) “There’s nothing you can know that isn’t known.”
14) “We’re more popular than Jesus now; I don’t know which will go first, rock ‘n’ roll or Christianity.”
And my favorite one…..
Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.
Happy Birthday John, you’ll be missed
Have a Super Sunday and a Great Week Ahead.
Image Credit:Quote that talk