Mahatma Gandhi, was born on October 2 1869, a man who had a dream to change humanity for better. A man who not only led India’s independence but also inspired many movements of non – violence, peace and humanity across the globe.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (aka Mahatma Gandhi) led India to freedom in 1947.
Today’s Good Morning Sunday post pays a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi, also know as the Father of India on his 143rd birth anniversary.
His teachings and quotes have been as inspirational as his personality.
Gandhi, the man who changed the world in a gentle way.
1) “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”- Mahatma Gandhi
2) “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”
- Mahatma Gandhi, The Story of My Experiments With Truth
3) “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4) “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5) “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
6) “Seven Deadly Sins
Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
7) “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
8) “Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can , then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn’t have it in the beginning.” – Mahatma Gandhi
9) “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
10) “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall – think of it, ALWAYS.” – Mahatma Gandhi
11) “You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result.” – Mahatma Gandhi
12) “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
13) “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
14) “God has no religion.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15) “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Mahatma Gandhi
16) “Hate the sin, love the sinner.” – Mahatma Gandhi
17) “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
18) “Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.” – Mahatma Gandhi
19) “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
20) “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
21) “Truth is one, paths are many.” – Mahatma Gandhi
How has Gandhi inspired you ? Share the inspiration with your network.
Have a Super Sunday and a Great Week Ahead