Twitter has released a new research study that reveals interesting fact about brand tweets leading consumers to take action. The study was done in partnership with The Advertising Research Foundation, FOX and DB5.
A sample size of 12,000 respondants – male and female across all age bands and devices was taken for the research. The data collected was during the period Sepetember 2013 to March 2014.
The main findings of the study were as below:
- 80% of users surveyed mentioned a brand in their tweet during the research period.
- 50% of respondants tweetd 15+ times during the research period.
The Top 5 action points:
Users are taking action on and off Twitter
- 23 % visit the brands website
- 20% visit the brands Twitter page
- 20% search for the brand online
- 19% consider trying the brand
- 18% retweet mentioning the brand
The study clearly shows that Twitter is good for brands and should be considered as an integral platform for their social media mix. With Facebook’s recent policy to reduce organic reach for brand pages, business can now look at using Twitter effectively to reach their target audience.
Twitter has also smartly conveyed a message to businesses that their platform is not only for individual influencers but also for businesses who want to influence their consumers and drive greater interaction.