The social network launched by Google though not yet a tough competitor to Facebook and Twitter, but still has enough features and potential to retain a huge number. With social media marketing gaining momentum all over the world, Google+ can prove to be a useful tool to make the most out of your campaign.
Focusing on other social networks should not lead to ignoring G+. Google+ has some great features that can be said as tailored for marketing only.
Here are a few compelling reasons that would convince marketers not to overlook Google+ and use it to maximize the reach:
1. The network has 359 Million active users which outnumbers Twitter. This gives marketers a wider audience to choose their targets from. Reaching more numbers directly brings more exposure to your brand.
2. The +1 button has been the fastest growing social recommendation widget so far and it’s used by over 1 million websites. The +1 buttons attract more than 5 billion impressions everyday. Google effectively uses +1 data to track all the recommendations and interactions that happen with your brand all over the web.
These recommendations and interactions help your brand gain significant visibility not only among Google+ network but also in search results.
3. The circles feature of Google plus help marketers to target and manage their audience in a better way. Clients of varying interests can be classified and added to various circles to send custom posts.
Google sees two to three times more posts to circles than general sharing to everyone on the platform. This more classified circles model will help your brand focus on delivering people the content they actually want to see.
4. The Direct connect feature allows users to directly search a Google+ page through Google search and add it to their circles. Searching with the plus symbol in front of a brand name in Google Search will automatically lead customers and users straight to that brand’s official Google+ Page. A shortcut like that immediately opens doors between your brand and potential consumers and enables them to connect with you.
5. To make reaching out to your brand’s audience easier and more personal at the same time, Google+ provides the Hangout feature, a way for you to have a face-to-face conversation with your actual audience through Google+’s group video chatting functionality. E.g. Disney also did a Hangout using the Muppets to promote their own page.
6. Ripples on Google+ are analytics enable you to find the sharing and user engagement patterns with respect to your posts. Hence, they help you to track conversations happening around your brand,
7. The images, videos, Infographics etc you share on Google+ appear in the search results of Google. The number of +1, comments and other activities on your page help to gain credibility in the eyes of Google and thus Google+ engagement increase your content’s chance of appearing higher in search results.
8. With Google+ Comments, people can share the comments they make on your blog to their circles in Google+ or publicly, helping you reach people that they know. This promises to be another exciting features of Google+ that make your brand span.
9. Participating in Google+ communities can be a great way to gain visibility. Noticeably, Google+ page can be used the way you would use your personal profile to create, join, and engage in communities and this is not possible with a Facebook or LinkedIn page.
10. Google+ links you to Youtube, Google Maps etc thus giving you presence on these services. You can also link your Youtube channel to your Google+ page. You will also appear in the Google local search and on maps.
Marketers should seize the opportunity to excel their businesses and brands through this extremely promising platform designed accurately to cater their needs.
“Multiply your brand using the Plus.”