The pest control services industry in the United States comprises approximately 12,000 establishments that generate total annual revenue of around $9billion. The demand for the products and services is governed by occupancy of commercial spaces and home sales.
The comparatively larger companies’ benefit from the fact that they already have an established brand and therefore they can take it a bit easy as far as pest control advertising is concerned. When you are starting out, you can successfully compete with the recognized brands. More and more people are searching for local pest exterminators on the web.
As with most businesses, pest control business also needs to be marketed well. Internet marketing has yielded desired results. In the past, a business needed to be listed in the yellow pages alone and that was all that was required for its marketing bit. Now it is your website that needs to be indexed by the leading search engines.
Internet marketing has an edge over traditional marketing methods. Optimizing your website will generate qualified leads and also happens to be comparatively cheaper than a direct mail campaign. You can easily monitor the results that your search engine marketing campaign yields as you can determine the number of website leads generated and the ones that were actually converted into concrete sales.
Online pest control advertising involves blending of multiple strategies to get the targeted traffic.
– The content of the website needs to be optimized. The keywords that feature in the content should be the ones that are relevant to a search pertaining to a pest control business.
– The website needs to be structured in a way that is relevant to its area of expertise. The structuring should be done in compliance with “white hat” SEO techniques so that the website gains a good ranking in search engine results.
– You can also promote your business through social media marketing. For that you need to connect your business website to the popular social media channels. This will help to increase the amount of traffic to your website and is a low cost yet effective strategy to increase the traffic.
– It is necessary to create viral content and promote it through social media channels. You should create link baits and promote them through social media websites. This will lead to an increase in both primary and secondary traffic to your website. If the website gains popularity on websites like Reddit or Digg, you can get a large number of links. The tangible benefit of these relevant links from a trusted domain is that your website gains authority and is naturally placed high in the search engine results. Increased visibility translates into increased business.
– Blogging is also vital to creating awareness about your pest control business. Creating a blog helps you to reach out to your consumer base and also creates a more public profile for your company. During the start up process, it is necessary to start building a relationship with them. You need to put up information that would be valuable to them, probably even answering their frequently asked questions.
– It is even the quickest when you compare it to other forms of marketing. Once you put up your ad, it is instantly live for billions to see.
Each form of advertising has its distinct share of advantages and disadvantages. Online advertising is much cheaper when you compare a cost per click budget with that of a newspaper ad. Online marketing offers you a number of resources such as email marketing, directory advertising, banner advertising and site sponsorship.
This is a guest post by Nathan Smith, who is an SEO expert and has published several articles and blogs on implementing online marketing strategies for various businesses. He offers tips on specialized areas such as pest control advertising as well. Contact us if you want to guest post on this blog. Image credit:Anighbert